Friday, May 8, 2009

Update



I've been taking the first round of Pagoclone (it could be placebo, but I'm 100% certain it is Pagoclone) for a week and a half, and I'm really convinced this is helping me speak more fluently. 

I am still stuttering. But blocks are shorter, far less intense, and generally fewer in number. I am not supposed to be using speech modification techniques, but I had to do an interview with a (sort of) important person the other day, and I used the air-flow technique with great success. If you don't know about the air-flow technique, check it out. Good stuff. 

Anyway, I only used air-flow technique for my interview and it went really well. I am consciously speaking as I normally would in order to more accurately gauge the effects of this drug. 

I'm impressed with Pagoclone, and I am eager to get to the open label phase of the study so I can really try to use the speech modification techniques I've learned but struggled to consistently apply over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment