Friday, May 1, 2009

Fourth Day

Interesting.

This may or may not be related to Pagoclone (assuming I have the real drug and not placebo - and somehow I do feel certain that I am on Pagoclone), but I have noticed a couple of things:

1. When I stutter (and I most certainly do stutter, all the time), my blocks seem to be shorter in duration and lower in intensity. Even on plosive sounds like "b" or "p" - sounds that almost always give me trouble. Rather than pushing (and pushing and pushing) through a clenched mouth to get these sounds out, I just kind of push a little and they go.... I am not using light contact or airflow or any of the speech management techniques I've learned. I am tempted to, but I really want to see what happens to my "normal" speech (though I realize my normal manner of speaking is not normal at all) while using this drug. I did not expect to see an effect on my speech so soon after beginning the drug trial, but I feel like my speech is improving.

2. I am sleeping better. I rarely sleep through the night but I slept through the night the last two nights - I didn't think anything of it Wednesday night but it happened again last night. It struck me this morning, as I woke up feeling rested when the alarm rang. I wonder if this is related to Pagoclone or a happy coincidence?


No comments:

Post a Comment