Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sixth Day

Ok, it's definitely working. 

My speech has improved significantly. Still blocking, but brief, little blocks, not my standard constricted, grinding kind of block where I can't get a sound out. It's really rather strange. I tried using some technique today (I am a believer in the passive airflow technique developed by Martin Schwartz - and also use some tools from HCRI Fluency Shaping) and found I could use the air flow technique really easily when I was talking with a stranger this afternoon. This is not something I can generally achieve - generally my base level tension is too high, but not now.

I don't want to use too much technique right now because I still want to see what effect the drug has on my unmodified speech. But I am encouraged that I may find it easier to employ technique while using Pagoclone. I'll pursue that more when we get to the next phase of the study.


No comments:

Post a Comment