Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Three of Three

I started the third bottle of pills yesterday. One pill, twice a day, for the next two weeks. I don't notice an immediately discernible effect.

To recap: the first bottle (two pills, twice a day, for two weeks) seemed to alleviate the constant tension that resides in my throat. I had grown so accustomed to that feeling that it was only noticeable by its absence. My speech improved during those two weeks. I still stuttered plenty, but the blocks were fewer in number and significantly lower in intensity. I believe this first bottle was Pagoclone, not placebo. No side effects.

The second bottle (one pill, twice a day, for two weeks) seemed to have no effect. The beneficial effects of the first bottle disappeared within a day or two of moving on to the second bottle. No side effects.

Now I am on the third bottle - I feel no change so far.

My followup appointment with the medical research center is June 20, at which time I hope I can begin open label testing of Pagoclone.

4 comments:

  1. I'm in the study too. The first two weeks took two pills morning and night. I could tell a difference within a couple of days. Much less tension in throat area in stuttering situations. Stuttering significantly reduced. Little if any stuttering even in situations where I would stutter before. Second week single pill morning and night, I could tell the dosage was lower. Still felt a benefit and significantly less tension in throat. In third week now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Jim] Good to hear from you, and I'm glad you're enjoying some positive effects. Thanks for commenting - let me know how it goes for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very interesting Rx you got there...it's not available here. I typed some stuff but I realized that your blog does not allow anon comments - was planning to write and give you my email add only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting, HB. I didn't know about the comments setting, I just changed it to allow anonymous comments.

    Thanks again, J

    ReplyDelete